Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pretty Travelling

I just got back from what I would dub my " first " holiday. Sure I have been on holiday with my parents but those don't count because it was never really filled with anything I wanted to do. And this time it was with my boyfriend. My best friend goes on holidays alone. Well, she doesn't have a boyfriend and she hasn't had one for years, but I can kinda see where she is coming from. But all I can say is it must just be awkward the first time lol.

So we set off on Friday for the ever so beautiful Cape Town for four days. I can remember as we waited for our flight and I was reading the news and all I was getting was how another Malaysian aircraft has crashed .Mostly, I wondered, what could your last thought be as the plane went down? So sad but I cannot live in this bubble anymore.

OMG Cape Town is beautiful.  The mountains, the sea, the bays, the buildings, the roads, everything. This holiday was an adventure in so many ways. On our first night I tried lobster and scallops for the first time. I know it is not a big deal to most, but for a girl from a landlocked country with a prawn allergy and an obsession for watching Come Dine With Me.....Yeah, it is a big deal. All I can say is AMAZING. I love my shopping and compared to  the dusty town I'm from, Cape Town  is shopping heaven. I remember walking on the beach and thinking, who could be depressed in this place? Not only can you just look outside and become instantly happy, but there is just so much to do to fill your day, to make life better.  Wine tasting in the mountains of Franchhoek and lunch over looking vineyards. I fell in love with wine after years of just downing it. Breathtaking dinners on  Camps Bay.  Its just the atmosphere.

What's your favourite movie? I have two. Australia.  I love the storyteller.  A little mixed race boy called Nala. I love how cheeky he is, imaginative, curious and so trusting. He steals your heart right from the beginning and that's how I want to live my life. I want to express so much love that you cant help but love me back. Oh! I forgot to mention, Hugh Jackman is in the film too. ♥ My second is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Oh! What a story. So magical! What a trip. I want to live my life like that. To explore, to be curious, to love, to try, to never give up on what I believe. I guess I forgot to mention again that it has Brad Pitt in it....lol. nearly a three hour film, as is Australia,  but worth every minute.  These films demand for you to feel for the incredible lives we witness. I fell in love with my boyfriend even more. Putting aside the awkward moments like when I needed space to poo or wanted to pee in the bath but couldn't because he was in the bath with me lol. We truly bonded. We experienced everything together. It was the most romantic experience of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment