Friday, July 25, 2014

On for tonight

The weekend is here. All morning one song has been playing over and over in my mind. Weekend Special by the late Brenda Fassie, a South African artist. Now that was one hell of a woman, her music wasn't really my kind of thing (because I was 9 lol) but my mother loved her. At that age I was so shocked that she was a lesbian (forget the fact that she overdose on cocaine). However, I am so glad that does not seem so weird anymore. Progress...

I am no ones weekend special, or so I like to think. I do see my boyfriend over the week and spend some nights over, but I have noticed come the weekend, my schedule is freed up to fit his ever so important one. This weekend I quite fancy a good night out with the girls. I cannot remember the last time I had the time to just let loose. Get drunk. Come Saturday night I know I would have changed my tune. Ha Ha. And like Brenda with joy and delight sing "daddy's home" when I see him.

As the week goes on more and more planes seem to be going down, even one here in Botswana, apparently a plane today had to make an emergency landing in a small settlement called Mmopane on the outskirts of the Gaborone. Forget the struggle of trying to pronounce a name with double 'M's'.   And focus on what aviation is becoming. A scary thing. I'd rather go back to planning my weekend. I'm going to swing from the chandelier. Chandelier another favourite song, this time by Sia. An artist with the voice of an angel, who refuses to star in her own music videos. So I googled her. I hate sounding like a shallow cow, but I understood why she is so camera shy. Now that is a weekend song to live by. Everybody loves a party girl and every party girl is downing her sorrows just for the night, tomorrow is another story.

So hopefully Monday I'll have many a story to tell, many a picture to show and most importantly rediscovered fun in Gaborone. Promise to kiss and tell XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment